- About this Product
- Product Specifications
- Product Reviews
- Shipping & Returns
About this Product
The Powell Wall Sconce is a contemporary spin on a mid-century modern classic. Features a frosted, glass globe capped with a spun metal hood that is suspended by an elegant, gooseneck arm - all in a modern matte black finish. Ideal in pairs; add ambient, yet direct light by flanking a couch, a fireplace, a favorite painting or a mirror.
Compatible with our frosted glass replacement shade. Shop here.
View the entire Powell Collection here.
- Features a frosted white glass orb tucked into an elegantly curved, spun-metal, matte black frame
- Black cloth cord with built-in dimmer switch for adjustable light strength
- Offers multiple installation options; hardwire into a junction box or plug the cord into a nearby outlet
- Updated to accommodate an energy-efficient, luminous G9 LED bulb (included)
- California Title 24 certified - providing maximum efficiency and performance
- Backplate Dimensions
- 6" x 6" x 1"
- Neutral (white)
- Color Temperature
- Cord Details
- 6 ft. Black Fabric Cord
- Yes. See compatible dimmers
- Matte Black
- Installation Options
- Hard-Wired or Plug In
- Lamping Details
- 40W, 120V, 1 G9 LED Bulb Included
- Product Dimensions
- 7" W x 16" H x 10.5 Ext.
Your review was successfully submitted.
Share this review with your friends:
We purchased two and mounted on the wall (corded, not hardwired) and had a bit of trouble lining up the holes in the gold cover plate with holes on the wall mount. Doesn't seem like they were machined very precisely. However, we managed to get them up and they look great. I have concerns about replacing the lightbulb when it burns out. I've never seen a bulb like this, and didn't expect it to be so unusual, but maybe I didn't read the description closely enough.
I very much like the aesthetic of this fixture, and the dimmer feature. I went with the plug-in option, and found it easy enough to complete the wiring despite being inexperienced. One of the fixtures didnвЂ™t work but customer service was very quick to process the return and reship. I wish the time of the light was slightly warmer, but IвЂ™m just going to buy a gel to wrap around the LED bulb within the glass globe. IвЂ™ve already received a few compliments on the look of the sconce, so IвЂ™m happy despite these few minor points!
Beautiful light fixture. Great quality!
It looks great in my master suite.+ Keep reading
- I'm looking for a plug in sconce for a very small bedroom - does this fixture provide sufficient light for reading in bed? Also, can standard LED bulbs be used and can the equivalent of a 60Watt bulb be used?
Thanks.The Powell LED Wall Sconce with Hooded White Globe, Aged Brass can provide enough light in a small bedroom, depending on how small the bedroom can be. Two sconces would be the best option to provide sufficient light. This sconce can use a standard G9 bulb. LED would be great, as long as the bulb does not surpass 40W, 120V. If you like to purchase other bulbs that are equivalent to a 60w bulb, try looking at higher lumen count bulbs and or higher KV bulbs.
- How long is the cord?
- Can you tell me its availability and when I would receive this light?
- I love this piece and would love it for my covered front porch. It would not get direct rain. Would it work?
- Will this sconce take a regular incandescent bulb with a screw base?
- Hello, this is such a dumb question but how we change the light bulb? We can't seem to undo the white half of the globe.
This question is for the Powell wall sconce. ThanmsWe always recommend two people to remove the globes. To remove the glass globe; you must unscrew the decorative nut above the metal shade. The globe should then become loose, make sure someone else is holding the globe. If you have the manual; you would be following the steps in reverse from steps 9-7
- How far does this lamp extend from the wall?
- Is there any way to select a different cord color for the plug-in option? I would think most people wouldn't want a black cord against white walls.
- Can this be used outdoors?
- When hardwired into the wall, is there an on/off switch on the fixture or is a light switch on the wall required to operate?
- Hello! We are considering this light to install in multiple bathrooms. Is it rated for damp spaces, such as a bathroom? Thank you!
- How do I order this with the plug in option?
- Does this light have a switch to turn on/off if used without cord?
Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.
Your question has been submitted.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is free on orders over $150 to the 48 contiguous states (all states except Alaska and Hawaii). For all orders under $150, the best value is flat-rate ground shipping for $9.95. For faster delivery, we offer Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day Select. We also ship to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories for an additional cost. Review our full Shipping Policy.
If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, most unused items can be returned for a full refund of the item's purchase price, up to 45 days after receiving. Please note items labeled as "Sale", "Clearance", or "Final Sale" are considered final and cannot be returned. Unfortunately, shipping is not refundable. Review our full Return policy.
As Seen In
The Powell Collection
Our Powell Collection is a nod to classic mid-century design, reimagined for the modern home.Read More
As Seen In
Modern Bedroom Lighting Design: Tips and Basics
Modern bedrooms are versatile, intimate spaces. They serve as a physical reflection of your interests and style and as a retreat from daily stresses. Modern bedroom lighting should be designed with attention on equal parts functionality and relaxation. This 101 is a quick guide with tips for getting the bedroom lighting you need in with the modern bedroom lighting style you want.Read More
As Seen In
Lighting for Your Dream Space: LED Lights for Bedrooms
Modern technology is here to make your bedroom smarter, easier, and better looking. Unlike what you may have been introduced to years ago, new dimmable LED lights and fixtures come in all light colors and temperatures, changing the game when it comes to lighting your personal oasis. The new generation of LED lights are efficient and modern without any sacrifice in bedroom style, mood or experience. LED lights for your bedroom are best choice for a warm, soothing atmosphere while being virtually maintenance-free. Switching to LED lights mean no more changing the bulbs every few months and much less energy consumption. Your bedroom is ready to embrace swanky styles and smart science, let’s get you caught up.Read More
As Seen In
The Deal with Dorm Decor: Defining Your Space
A new dorm room is ground-zero for the next steps in a student’s personal evolution. Living on campus is all about coming into your own: your schedule, your relationships, and your own place. Moving into your new dorm is the time to take the space away from sterile, institutional housing and turn it into a reflection of your personality and your individual needs.Read More
Who We Are
Lighting Made Simple
We believe that illuminating your home should be easy. At each step - from shopping to installation in your home - we work to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Everything at Lights.com is designed, produced, and sold directly to you allowing us to offer beautiful lighting at accessible prices. No middlemen. No markups.
Timeless Design, Made Right
Timeless, affordable design shouldn't come at the cost of others. Our factories value not only quality manufacturing, but also the ethical treatment of their craftsmen.
Questions about a product or installation? Need to make a return? Our in-house customer service team is here for you.