- About this Product
- Product Specifications
- Shipping & Returns
About this Product
The Powell Wall Sconce is a contemporary spin on a mid-century modern classic. Features a frosted, glass globe tucked inside a spun metal hood that is suspended by an elegant, gooseneck arm - all in a lustrous, chrome finish. Ideal in pairs; add ambient, yet direct light by flanking a couch, a fireplace, a favorite painting or a mirror.
- Features a frosted white glass orb tucked into an elegantly curved, spun-metal chrome frame
- Black cloth cord with built-in dimmer switch for adjustable light strength
- Offers multiple installation options; hardwire into a junction box or plug the cord into a nearby outlet
- Updated to accommodate an energy-efficient, luminous G9 LED bulb (included).
- California Title 24 certified - providing maximum efficiency and performance
- Backplate Dimensions
- 6" x 6" x 1"
- Neutral (white)
- Color Temperature
- Cord Color
- Yes. See compatible dimmers
- Installation Options
- Hard-Wired or Plug In
- Lamping Details
- 1 x 60W Max, 120V, G9 Bulb Included
- Product Dimensions
- 7" W x 16" H x 10.5 Ext.
- UL / ETL Listed
- Wire Length
- 6 feet Download Manual
Your review was successfully submitted.
Share this review with your friends:
We put this in an office bathroom as part of a dramatic little makeover and it's really beautiful. I put the wire in so it will plug in, and the dimmer works great. The scale of the piece is nice and it's subtle enough to work well with the decorative mirror but also is interesting enough on its own. I recommend.
We purchased two and mounted on the wall (corded, not hardwired) and had a bit of trouble lining up the holes in the gold cover plate with holes on the wall mount. Doesn't seem like they were machined very precisely. However, we managed to get them up and they look great. I have concerns about replacing the lightbulb when it burns out. I've never seen a bulb like this, and didn't expect it to be so unusual, but maybe I didn't read the description closely enough.
I very much like the aesthetic of this fixture, and the dimmer feature. I went with the plug-in option, and found it easy enough to complete the wiring despite being inexperienced. One of the fixtures didnвЂ™t work but customer service was very quick to process the return and reship. I wish the time of the light was slightly warmer, but IвЂ™m just going to buy a gel to wrap around the LED bulb within the glass globe. IвЂ™ve already received a few compliments on the look of the sconce, so IвЂ™m happy despite these few minor points!
Beautiful light fixture. Great quality!
It looks great in my master suite.+ Keep reading
I am really thrilled with the workmanship of this light--it looks and feels high quality, and came with very clear mounting instructions. (It's been challenging to make it fully flush with our wall, but our wall is very old plaster and tricky to mount on so that's par for the course). The dimmer switch provides excellent control of the full range of light. This is almost perfect for what I needed--a wall-mountable, not-hard wired reading light for a dark spot by the couch, with a slightly MCM feel to match the rest of our living room.
The ONLY drawback is the cord. I assume that most people looking at a mounted (vs. clamp-on) plug-in sconce are, like me, using it as an alternative to a traditional wired light to avoid sometimes expensive and messy electric work to rewire a room. I was prepared for a cord--obviously--but the dimmer switch, which is quite large, cannot be moved up or down on the cord. This makes a big lump on the cord about a foot down from the light. I cannot cover this with a cord cover, or in any way make it inconspicuous. It's kind of an eyesore--though we're getting used to it, as you do--that does detract from a really gorgeously designed piece. The customer support team has said they would look into possible cover solutions for me when I struck out finding anything on my own. I have an electrically-savvy relative who might be able to rewire the switch lower down on the cord so that I could stick the dimmer switch behind the arm of the couch and paint or use a standard cover on the rest of the cord to make it blend in, but clearly that's a pretty extreme solution.+ Keep reading
Anyway, I still highly recommend this light, just be prepared for the cord situation. A photo of that on the website would have been helpful.
- Could an on/off switch be added to this light when it is used as a plug in? I want to mount them on both sides of a bed, but the only plug is behind the bed. Thanks.When using the plug-in application, you'll turn the light on by a dimmer switch near the top of the cord, so you may not need to make any modification to the fixture and still easily plug it in behind your bed. An electrician can add an on/off switch to the light, but we would recommend caution and to get a good electrician to do it. Making that modification will void the warranty.
- I'm looking for a plug in sconce for a very small bedroom - does this fixture provide sufficient light for reading in bed? Also, can standard LED bulbs be used and can the equivalent of a 60Watt bulb be used?
Thanks.The Powell LED Wall Sconce with Hooded White Globe, Aged Brass can provide enough light in a small bedroom, depending on how small the bedroom can be. Two sconces would be the best option to provide sufficient light. This sconce can use a standard G9 bulb. LED would be great, as long as the bulb does not surpass 40W, 120V. If you like to purchase other bulbs that are equivalent to a 60w bulb, try looking at higher lumen count bulbs and or higher KV bulbs.
- How long is the cord?
- Can you tell me its availability and when I would receive this light?
- I love this piece and would love it for my covered front porch. It would not get direct rain. Would it work?
- Will this sconce take a regular incandescent bulb with a screw base?
- Hello, this is such a dumb question but how we change the light bulb? We can't seem to undo the white half of the globe.
This question is for the Powell wall sconce. ThanmsWe always recommend two people to remove the globes. To remove the glass globe; you must unscrew the decorative nut above the metal shade. The globe should then become loose, make sure someone else is holding the globe. If you have the manual; you would be following the steps in reverse from steps 9-7
- How far does this lamp extend from the wall?
- Is there any way to select a different cord color for the plug-in option? I would think most people wouldn't want a black cord against white walls.
- Can this be used outdoors?
- When hardwired into the wall, is there an on/off switch on the fixture or is a light switch on the wall required to operate?
- Hello! We are considering this light to install in multiple bathrooms. Is it rated for damp spaces, such as a bathroom? Thank you!
- How do I order this with the plug in option?
- Does this light have a switch to turn on/off if used without cord?
Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.
Your question has been submitted.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is free on orders over $49 to the 48 contiguous states (all states except Alaska and Hawaii). For all orders under $49, the best value is flat-rate ground shipping for $9.95. For faster delivery, we offer Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day Select. We also ship to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories for an additional cost. Review our full Shipping Policy.
If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, most unused items can be returned for a full refund of the item's purchase price, up to 45 days after receiving. Please note items labeled as "Sale", "Clearance", or "Final Sale" are considered final and cannot be returned. Unfortunately, shipping is not refundable. Review our full Return policy.
As Seen In
The Powell Collection
Our Powell Collection is a nod to classic mid-century design, reimagined for the modern home.Read More
As Seen In
Green Collection – LED Light Fixtures
Earth Day is approaching which means it’s the time of the year we get to talk about our favorite aspect of the job: incorporating LED technology. With LEDs using a fraction of the energy of incandescents, we’re proud to offer this green technology in so many of our designs.Read More
As Seen In
How To Choose And Install Wall Sconces
Wall sconces serve a variety of purposes. From adding a layer of flattering ambient light, compensating for where the overhead lighting doesn’t reach or isn’t an option, or even to establish a specific decorative or design effect, sconces are a flexible stylish addition to most spaces. So we’ve put together a guide for a few particular places in the home that can benefit from a wall sconce or three, and tips for installing them in each space.Read More
As Seen In
Renter-Friendly Plug-In Pendants Lights and Wall Sconces
Looking for plug-in lights ? Can't go hardwiring in your rental or your space not wired? You can still have really nice lights. This collection of elegant plug-in fixtures was designed to bring modern, on-trend lighting to those hardwiring deserts. Simply install the piece and plug-in.Read More
Powell LED 7" Chrome Globe Pendant$119.00 $107.10Shop Now
3-Light Rectangle Canopy with 3 Arlo Pendants, Chrome$269.00Shop Now
Powell LED 3-Light Semi-Flush with White Globes, Chrome$249.00Shop Now
3 Powell LED 7" Globe Pendants and 3-Light Round Canopy, Chrome$449.00Shop Now
Powell LED 7" Matte Black Globe Pendant$119.00Shop Now
Atlas 11" LED Wall Sconce, Chrome$119.00Shop Now
Alton Plug-In Pendant, Chrome$59.00Shop Now
Alton Plug-In Pendant, Satin Nickel$49.00Shop Now
Powell LED 6-Light Semi-Flush with White Globes, Chrome$399.00Shop Now
Alton Pendant with Schoolhouse Glass, Chrome$139.00Shop Now
Who We Are
Lighting Made Simple
We believe that illuminating your home should be easy. At each step - from shopping to installation in your home - we work to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Everything at Lights.com is designed, produced, and sold directly to you allowing us to offer beautiful lighting at accessible prices. No middlemen. No markups.
Timeless Design, Made Right
Timeless, affordable design shouldn't come at the cost of others. Our factories value not only quality manufacturing, but also the ethical treatment of their craftsmen.
Questions about a product or installation? Need to make a return? Our in-house customer service team is here for you.