- About this Product
- Product Specifications
- Product Reviews
- Shipping & Returns
About this Product
The Powell Wall Sconce is a contemporary spin on a mid-century modern classic. Features a frosted, glass globe tucked inside a spun metal hood that is suspended by an elegant, gooseneck arm - all in a lustrous, chrome finish. Ideal in pairs; add ambient, yet direct light by flanking a couch, a fireplace, a favorite painting or a mirror.
- Features a frosted white glass orb tucked into an elegantly curved, spun-metal chrome frame
- Black cloth cord with built-in dimmer switch for adjustable light strength
- Offers multiple installation options; hardwire into a junction box or plug the cord into a nearby outlet
- Updated to accommodate an energy-efficient, luminous G9 LED bulb (included).
- California Title 24 certified - providing maximum efficiency and performance
- Backplate Dimensions
- 6" x 6" x 1"
- Neutral (white)
- Color Temperature
- Cord Color
- Yes. See compatible dimmers
- Installation Options
- Hard-Wired or Plug In
- Lamping Details
- 1 x 60W Max, 120V, G9 Bulb Included
- Product Dimensions
- 7" W x 16" H x 10.5 Ext.
- UL / ETL Listed
- Wire Length
- 6 feet Download Manual
Your review was successfully submitted.
Share this review with your friends:
We put this in an office bathroom as part of a dramatic little makeover and it's really beautiful. I put the wire in so it will plug in, and the dimmer works great. The scale of the piece is nice and it's subtle enough to work well with the decorative mirror but also is interesting enough on its own. I recommend.
We purchased two and mounted on the wall (corded, not hardwired) and had a bit of trouble lining up the holes in the gold cover plate with holes on the wall mount. Doesn't seem like they were machined very precisely. However, we managed to get them up and they look great. I have concerns about replacing the lightbulb when it burns out. I've never seen a bulb like this, and didn't expect it to be so unusual, but maybe I didn't read the description closely enough.
I very much like the aesthetic of this fixture, and the dimmer feature. I went with the plug-in option, and found it easy enough to complete the wiring despite being inexperienced. One of the fixtures didn’t work but customer service was very quick to process the return and reship. I wish the time of the light was slightly warmer, but I’m just going to buy a gel to wrap around the LED bulb within the glass globe. I’ve already received a few compliments on the look of the sconce, so I’m happy despite these few minor points!
- I'm looking for a plug in sconce for a very small bedroom - does this fixture provide sufficient light for reading in bed? Also, can standard LED bulbs be used and can the equivalent of a 60Watt bulb be used?
Thanks.The Powell LED Wall Sconce with Hooded White Globe, Aged Brass can provide enough light in a small bedroom, depending on how small the bedroom can be. Two sconces would be the best option to provide sufficient light. This sconce can use a standard G9 bulb. LED would be great, as long as the bulb does not surpass 40W, 120V. If you like to purchase other bulbs that are equivalent to a 60w bulb, try looking at higher lumen count bulbs and or higher KV bulbs.
- How long is the cord?
- Can you tell me its availability and when I would receive this light?
- I love this piece and would love it for my covered front porch. It would not get direct rain. Would it work?
- Will this sconce take a regular incandescent bulb with a screw base?
- Hello, this is such a dumb question but how we change the light bulb? We can't seem to undo the white half of the globe.
This question is for the Powell wall sconce. ThanmsWe always recommend two people to remove the globes. To remove the glass globe; you must unscrew the decorative nut above the metal shade. The globe should then become loose, make sure someone else is holding the globe. If you have the manual; you would be following the steps in reverse from steps 9-7
- How far does this lamp extend from the wall?
- Is there any way to select a different cord color for the plug-in option? I would think most people wouldn't want a black cord against white walls.
- Can this be used outdoors?
- When hardwired into the wall, is there an on/off switch on the fixture or is a light switch on the wall required to operate?
- Hello! We are considering this light to install in multiple bathrooms. Is it rated for damp spaces, such as a bathroom? Thank you!
- How do I order this with the plug in option?
- Does this light have a switch to turn on/off if used without cord?
Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.
Your question has been submitted.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is free on orders over $50 to the 48 contiguous states (all states except Alaska and Hawaii). For all orders under $99, the best value is flat-rate ground shipping for $9.95. For faster delivery, we offer Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day Select. We also ship to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories for an additional cost. Review our full Shipping Policy.
If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, most unused items can be returned for a full refund of the item's purchase price, up to 45 days after receiving. Please note items labeled as "Sale", "Clearance", or "Final Sale" are considered final and cannot be returned. Unfortunately, shipping is not refundable. Review our full Return policy.
As Seen In
The Powell Collection
Our Powell Collection is a nod to classic mid-century design, reimagined for the modern home.Read More
As Seen In
Green Collection – LED Light Fixtures
Earth Day is approaching which means it’s the time of the year we get to talk about our favorite aspect of the job: incorporating LED technology. With LEDs using a fraction of the energy of incandescents, we’re proud to offer this green technology in so many of our designs.Read More
As Seen In
How To Choose And Install Wall Sconces
Wall sconces serve a variety of purposes. From adding a layer of flattering ambient light, compensating for where the overhead lighting doesn’t reach or isn’t an option, or even to establish a specific decorative or design effect, sconces are a flexible stylish addition to most spaces. So we’ve put together a guide for a few particular places in the home that can benefit from a wall sconce or three, and tips for installing them in each space.Read More
As Seen In
Renter-Friendly Plug-In Pendants and Wall Lights
Can't go hardwiring in your rental or your space not wired? You can still have really nice lights. This collection of elegant plug-in fixtures was designed to bring modern, on-trend lighting to those hardwiring deserts. Simply install the piece and plug-in.Read More
Powell LED 7" Chrome Globe Pendant$119.00Shop Now
3-Light Rectangle Canopy with 3 Arlo Pendants, Chrome$269.00Shop Now
Powell LED 3-Light Semi-Flush with White Globes, Chrome$249.00Shop Now
3 Powell LED 7" Globe Pendants and 3-Light Round Canopy, Chrome$449.00Shop Now
Powell LED 7" Matte Black Globe Pendant$119.00Shop Now
Atlas 11" LED Wall Sconce, Chrome$119.00Shop Now
Alton Plug-In Pendant, Chrome$59.00Shop Now
Alton Plug-In Pendant, Satin Nickel$59.00 $39Shop Now
Powell LED 6-Light Semi-Flush with White Globes, Chrome$399.00Shop Now
Alton Pendant with Schoolhouse Glass, Chrome$139.00Shop Now
Who We Are
Lighting Made Simple
We believe that illuminating your home should be easy. At each step - from shopping to installation in your home - we work to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Everything at Lights.com is designed, produced, and sold directly to you allowing us to offer beautiful lighting at accessible prices. No middlemen. No markups.
Timeless Design, Made Right
Timeless, affordable design shouldn't come at the cost of others. Our factories value not only quality manufacturing, but also the ethical treatment of their craftsmen.
Questions about a product or installation? Need to make a return? Our in-house customer service team is here for you.