- About this Product
- Product Specifications
- Product Reviews
- Shipping & Returns
About this Product
This quintessential, radial fixture is our homage to the late, great Gino Sarfatti, Italian designer and pioneer of the mid-century modern movement. The Sputnik is the embodiment of Sarfatti’s design principles as they apply to lighting - practical, yet beautiful and always multi-directional. Ours features twenty slender arms radiating from a central orb in a versatile, pewter finish. For a statement centerpiece, suspend over a dining table or the center of a living room to add dimension, texture, and a little bit of history to your home.
- Canopy Size
- 5" x 5" x 1"
- Fixture Height Range
- 3 ft. minimum to 13 ft. maximum
- Installation Options
- Light Source
- Incandescent or LED
- Maximum Wattage
- Number of Rods Included
- 1 x 6", 2 x 12", 1 x 18"
- Product Diameter
- Product Dimensions
- 33.5" x 33.5" x 33.5"
- Socket Type
- E26 (Medium)
- Wire Length
- 10 feet
Your review was successfully submitted.
Share this review with your friends:
We stumbled upon lights.com while we were searching for a light for our son's nursery. We found exactly what we wanted. The ordering process was easy, the light arrived quickly, and we loved it!!! Unfortunately, it was a little too big for the space we intended it for. After calling and speaking with customer service, they were extremely helpful and accommodating in assisting us in returning the item and suggesting a better light for our space. I highly recommend this company!
I love this light! It was everything I wanted, and then some! The ordering process was easy, and the item shipped right away. Prior to my purchase I had a chat session with one of the reps, as I was a bit confused by the dimensions of this light and rod lengths, because the description had one thing and the Q&A section had another. The information I was told (2-10.25" rods) was incorrect. It in fact comes with 4 (like the description states), in various length, which turned out to be better for us. Also the instructions are worthless, but husband and I did not have trouble installing it ourselves. Overall, very satisfied - can't beat the price as well.
I absolutely love this pendant light. Almost every other sputnik light I have come across is at least $500+ and nowhere near this size. Given the price, I couldn't pass up buying it and I am so glad that I did. It is well made, sturdy, and does not look cheap at all. The light came assembled and ready to install for the most part; all I had to do was tighten each individual stem into place and adjust the height from the ceiling. I purchased 12 Vintage Midwood Edison Bulbs as well and the bulbs tied the mid century look together perfectly. Highly recommend this product. Installation was seamless as well.
- Will this work on a sloped ceiling?
- How much does this light fixture weigh?
- Does the chandelier require assembly or arrive fully assembled? Thanks!
- How can I mount this to a sloped ceiling with a 20 degree angle.
- Can this 18 light Sputnik be installed on a sloped ceiling? Thanks.
- Is product width with or without bulbs?
- How dark is the aged brass color? The color swatch is a lovely dark gold color but in the "in room" photo, the color appears much darker. Please confirm which is more accurate. Thanks so much! t.
- The measurements of the fixture show 16x16x16. Does this include bulbs installed? Or, is that side to side, socket to socket?
- Is the height of the 18-Light Sputnik, Aged Brass adjustable? I would be putting it above a dining table. I'm wondering if there is any flexibility with the sizing, but I do understand that it has a removable pole.
- The minimum height listed under specs, is that measuring where the whole chandelier will end once hung, or is that measuring where the hanging pole ends and the chandelier begins? We have a tight space for this fixture! Thanks for your time!
- Does the product width include the bulbs, or is it the fixture only?
- Is this made out of solid brass?
- I need a downrod longer than 42inches. is that possible? thanks.
- can a longer hanging rod be used?
- Does this style come in Chrome or the Gunmetal finish?
- Do they make the 18 light spudnik is black?
- What is the shortest length this light could be hung?
- Can this item be used on a dimmer switch
- Hi, I asked before - but how heavy is this? and is the weight with or without bulbs?
- Is this fixture dimmable? Thank you!
- Hello Im very interested in purchasing this lamp though Im not quite clear about the height meaning what is the maximum
- I'm having trouble selecting the right bulbs for this lamp. With 20 bulbs at 40 watt max I'm concerned it will be too bright. Is there a wattage and lumens you recommend?
- What is the width of the adjustable downrods?
- how difficult is it to put lamp together? are tiny hands needed to screw rods into orb or is it quite easy? thanks!
- How long is the down rod that attaches the fixture to the ceiling? Can it be extended to 6' to accommodate a vaulted ceiling?
- What is the lowest it can hang from the ceiling? We are planning to hang it in 20 feet high foyer, will it fit? Thanks!
- Is this fixture compatible with CFL bulbs?
- Hello, Is the brass raw or does it have a finish that will prevent it from changing color? Also, what is the diameter of the canopy for this fixture? Thanks! Julie
- Are bulbs included?
- I dont want this light hanging low? How low does it hang and also can that be adjusted?
- Can I use a dimmer on this with dimmable LED bulbs?
- How about the maximum stem length of the light?
- what is the maximum length of this light(from top to the center of the light)
- Is the main rod height adjustable? I need the full length measurement please.
- What is the circumference of the center ball? can i use e26 to e12 adapters to use candelabra bulbs? if so will they show? is the chrome very light colored? cheap looking? or on the darker side?
- Do you have a install manual for LC003026 - got one off Amazon from you but the installation instructions were missing. 12-Light Sputnik Pendant in Chrome, Small
- How long is the rod from the ceiling to the light? Thank you.
- are these fixtures certified for commercial applications ? I need some for a bar...please let me know...thanks...
- Can this lamp (28" Brass Planet Pendant) be swagged)
- Hi there - I would like to order this fixture for a bedroom (12'x11') - would the small size suffice?
- I see this is a preorder item. How soon will it be ready to ship?
- Hi, I love the lamp, do you offer any industry discounts?
- Hello, I have a question concerning lManufacturer's Model: LC003208 What is the diameter of the base? Thanks, Daric Kindle
- I just received this light fixture. The instructions state to wash with a sanitizer with corrosivity. What can I use? Also. In the installation sketch it shows a little screw that should be applied to light arm. I only received 12 not 18. How do I obtain 6 additional screws?
- What is min height from ceiling that you can mount this. Need to know if I can use in a bedroom with 8' ceiling.
- Purchased from amazon; have yet to install it... Does this have any sort of warranty? thanks!
- Will the following fixture work with a dimmer: 20-Light Sputnik Pendant in Chrome, Large Manufacturer's Model: LC003030
- What is the minimum amount of hanging space required for the small and medium size 12-light sputnik pendant from the ceiling base to the bottom of lowest hanging bulb? I live in a small Manhattan apartment with 8 1/2 feet floor to ceiling height. I think I only have about 22"-24" of appropriate hanging space for a pendant light. Can you please advise? Thank you!
- Is the stem (20.5") adjustable?
- I see the stem is 20 inches long. How far from the center ball does the longest arm extend down? Can that center stem be cut shorter if need be?
- Hi, I was interested in ordering this light and talked to a service rep last week about it. I was contemplating on ordering it then or in a few weeks - when it would be closer to it's ship date. He assured me that I could order it anytime and the price nor the ship date would change. It is now 25 dollars more. Why is this? Will it be going back down? I was interested in ordering it at $135... not $160.
- Hi, I would like to get this light for my son's bedroom the ceilings are 9 feet but he has a bunk bed. Is there anyway to get a shorter hanging rod so the light doesn't get as low? Thanks in advance. Maria Bleier
- I will be ordering one of these Sputnik lights for my entrance in a modern home we are building. Which size do you think would be most suitable? The ceiling will be 11-12 ft high in the entrance and 9ft throughout the rest of the house.
- Can I buy an extra complete down rod section somehow please?
- Is there a prop 65 warning on this product?
- Hello - I understand the rod is not adjustable, however, can it be professionally cut down? Thank you -
- Ok to use in a bathroom?
- I see the dimensions are 34.5" d x 37.4" h. Is the D diameter or depth?
- Are hanger extensions available for this product? I need the light to hang much lower than is illustrated in the picture available.
- can i use dimmable bulbs with this lamp?
- how big is the base? I want to convert a flush mount (12 inch base) to this fixture but m not sure if I need a conversion kit?
- Is the downrod adjustable or come in sections so that it can be shortened from the 20.5" stem?
- Is the stem length adjustable? We are looking at this for an entryway with 8' ceilings.
- What is the delivery time on this item? LC003028
- what are the dimensions please?
Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.
Your question has been submitted.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is free on orders over $150 to the 48 contiguous states (all states except Alaska and Hawaii). For all orders under $150, the best value is flat-rate ground shipping for $9.95. For faster delivery, we offer Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day Select. We also ship to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories for an additional cost. Review our full Shipping Policy.
If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, most unused items can be returned for a full refund of the item's purchase price, up to 45 days after receiving. Please note items labeled as "Sale", "Clearance", or "Final Sale" are considered final and cannot be returned. Unfortunately, shipping is not refundable. Review our full Return policy.
Bushwick LED ST18 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$12.00Shop Now
Celeste 5-Light Chandelier with White Globes, Aged Brass$199.00Shop Now
Halo 12" LED Flush Mount$89.00 $45Shop Now
Powell Wall Sconce with Hooded White Globe, Bronze$119.00Shop Now
Cobble Hill LED T9 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$18.00Shop Now
Honos 7" White Flush Mount$32.00Shop Now
Powell Wall Sconce with Hooded White Globe, Chrome$119.00Shop Now
Abbey 14" LED Flush Mount, Aged Brass$119.00Shop Now
Midwood LED G25 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$12.00Shop Now
Abbey 11" LED Flush Mount, Aged Brass$99.00 $80Shop Now
20-Light Sputnik, Pewter$299.00Shop Now
Who We Are
Lighting Made Simple
We believe that illuminating your home should be easy. At each step - from shopping to installation in your home - we work to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Everything at Lights.com is designed, produced, and sold directly to you allowing us to offer beautiful lighting at accessible prices. No middlemen. No markups.
Timeless Design, Made Right
Timeless, affordable design shouldn't come at the cost of others. Our factories value not only quality manufacturing, but also the ethical treatment of their craftsmen.
Questions about a product or installation? Need to make a return? Our in-house customer service team is here for you.