- About this Product
- Product Specifications
- Product Reviews
- Shipping & Returns
About this Product
This quintessential, radial fixture is our homage to the late, great Gino Sarfatti, Italian designer and pioneer of the mid-century modern movement. The Sputnik is the embodiment of Sarfatti’s design principles as they apply to lighting - practical, yet beautiful and always multi-directional. Ours features eighteen slender arms radiating from a central orb in a lustrous, chrome finish. For a statement centerpiece, suspend over a dining table or the center of a living room to add dimension, texture, and a little bit of history to your home.
- This slender-armed, 18 pendant chrome Sputnik is our take on the Mid-Century classic
- Includes an assortment of hanging rods (6", 2 x 12", 18") and a sloped ceiling adapter to ensure a proper fit in any home
- Shown with the Crown Heights Bulb from our vintage-inspired Brooklyn Bulb collection (sold separately)
- Canopy Size
- 5" x 5" x 1"
- Fixture Height Range
- 1.5 ft. minimum to 11 ft. maximum
- Installation Options
- Light Source
- Incandescent or LED
- Maximum Wattage
- Number of Rods Included
- 1 x 6", 2 x 12", 1 x 18"
- Product Diameter
- Product Dimensions
- 29" x 29" x 12.5"
- Socket Type
- E26 (Medium)
- Wire Length
- 10 feet Download Manual
Your review was successfully submitted.
Share this review with your friends:
I was nervous to order this online, but it turned out great! I will say the pewter is not as dark as it appears online, it looks more like a non-shiny version of the chrome. For me, that worked even better in our kitchen. It does look darker when the lights are turned on though. We used soft white led 4w (25w equivalent) Edison bulbs, and it looks beautiful in our kitchen. I wish I could figure out how to include pictures in my review!
I have always wanted a Sputnik and during a recent condo purchase and update I got exactly that. Wanting to stay in the mid-century vein I kept the place to the golds one might see during the time and this SOOO fit the bill. It's gorgeous. Only thing I would say: check the light wattage before buying corresponding bulbs. We purchased, also from this site, the recommended 40 watt bulbs (18 of them!) and they are overheating the dimmer switch. We updated the dimmer switch and are purchasing lower wattage LED Edison bulbs that will look just as great and cause no overheating issue. Problem easily solved. AgainL it's gorgeous and, from the numerous comparisons I have made, reasonably priced.
- When will this fixture arrive in Minnesota if ordered 12/17/2017? And is ETL listed acceptable for use by electricians in the USA?The Sputnik 18-Light Chandelier, Aged Brass is ETL Certified. Once shipped, your order will arrive anywhere between 1 to 7 business days (for in-stock items) based on the method of shipment and the shipping location. For more information on ETA; please visit https://www.lights.com/help
- How much does this light fixture weigh?
- Does the chandelier require assembly or arrive fully assembled? Thanks!
- Can this 18 light Sputnik be installed on a sloped ceiling? Thanks.
- Is the height of the 18-Light Sputnik, Aged Brass adjustable? I would be putting it above a dining table. I'm wondering if there is any flexibility with the sizing, but I do understand that it has a removable pole.
- Does the product width include the bulbs, or is it the fixture only?
- Is this made out of solid brass?
- Does this style come in Chrome or the Gunmetal finish?
- Do they make the 18 light spudnik is black?
- Hi, I asked before - but how heavy is this? and is the weight with or without bulbs?
- Hello Im very interested in purchasing this lamp though Im not quite clear about the height meaning what is the maximum
- Can I use a dimmer on this with dimmable LED bulbs?
- Is the main rod height adjustable? I need the full length measurement please.
- Can this lamp (28" Brass Planet Pendant) be swagged)
- Hello, I have a question concerning lManufacturer's Model: LC003208 What is the diameter of the base? Thanks, Daric Kindle
- I just received this light fixture. The instructions state to wash with a sanitizer with corrosivity. What can I use? Also. In the installation sketch it shows a little screw that should be applied to light arm. I only received 12 not 18. How do I obtain 6 additional screws?
- What is min height from ceiling that you can mount this. Need to know if I can use in a bedroom with 8' ceiling.
Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.
Your question has been submitted.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is free on orders over $150 to the 48 contiguous states (all states except Alaska and Hawaii). For all orders under $150, the best value is flat-rate ground shipping for $9.95. For faster delivery, we offer Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day Select. We also ship to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories for an additional cost. Review our full Shipping Policy.
If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, most unused items can be returned for a full refund of the item's purchase price, up to 45 days after receiving. Please note items labeled as "Sale", "Clearance", or "Final Sale" are considered final and cannot be returned. Unfortunately, shipping is not refundable. Review our full Return policy.
As Seen In
Shop Lights.com for our exclusive Sputnik Chandeliers and Sputnik Flush Mounts. We offer a wide selection of designer lighting for a fraction of the price.Read More
As Seen In
You’re into Mad Men, wood paneling, the space race, Gary Cooper, and Frank Lloyd Wright, and why wouldn’t you be? Mid Century Modern (MCM for short) is fresh but familiar; it’s clean, functional, and focuses on textures. Retro-inspired lighting can bring a sense of fun and energy to a room that might be otherwise a little stale. If you’re envisioning an all-in MadMen living room or adding a vintage touch to your eclectic kitchen, MCM-inspired fixtures in a variety of tones, textures, shapes, and finishes are going to get your room where you want it to be. Mid Century Modern inspired looks are everywhere; all that’s left is figuring out how you want to apply them.Read More
As Seen In
Loft Living 101
Lofts and studios are loved for their big empty floor plans and cavernous ceilings. This leaves dwellers excited, but often confused, about how to carve out and illuminate space. Here are some tips to get you started.Read More
Kingston Mini 4-Light Chandelier, Polished Nickel$299.00Shop Now
Kingston 6-Light Rectangle Chandelier with Opal Glass Shade, Polished Nickel$519.00Shop Now
Alton Pendant with Schoolhouse Glass, Chrome$139.00Shop Now
Slim 14" LED Flush Mount$59.00 $39Shop Now
Bushwick LED ST18 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$12.00Shop Now
Carlton Frosted LED G25 Bulb (E26), Single$14.00Shop Now
Midwood LED G25 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$12.00Shop Now
Abbey 15" LED Flush Mount, Aged Brass$119.00Shop Now
Carlton Frosted LED G40 Bulb (E26), Single$16.00Shop Now
Crown Heights LED A19 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$12.00Shop Now
Who We Are
Lighting Made Simple
We believe that illuminating your home should be easy. At each step - from shopping to installation in your home - we work to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Everything at Lights.com is designed, produced, and sold directly to you allowing us to offer beautiful lighting at accessible prices. No middlemen. No markups.
Timeless Design, Made Right
Timeless, affordable design shouldn't come at the cost of others. Our factories value not only quality manufacturing, but also the ethical treatment of their craftsmen.
Questions about a product or installation? Need to make a return? Our in-house customer service team is here for you.