- About this Product
- Product Specifications
- Shipping & Returns
About this Product
This quintessential, radial fixture is our homage to the late, great Gino Sarfatti, Italian designer and pioneer of the mid-century modern movement. The Sputnik is the embodiment of Sarfatti’s design principles as they apply to lighting - practical, yet beautiful and always multi-directional. Ours features eighteen slender arms radiating from a central orb in a warm, aged brass finish. For a statement centerpiece, suspend over a dining table or the center of a living room to add dimension, texture, and a little bit of history to your home.
Compatible with the following parts:
Supplemental Down Rod Set
- This slender-armed, 18 pendant aged brass Sputnik is our take on the Mid-Century classic
- Includes an assortment of hanging rods (6", 2 x 12", 18") and a sloped ceiling adapter to ensure a proper fit in any home
- Shown with the Kensington Bulbs from our vintage-inspired Brooklyn Bulb collection (sold separately)
- Please note, each of our products are hand finished - as a result, products may have subtle variations in finish color.
- Canopy Dimensions
- 5" Dia x 1" H
- Yes. See compatible dimmers
- Aged Brass
- Fixture Height Range
- 1.5 ft. minimum to 11 ft. maximum
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Indoor Use Only
Your review was successfully submitted.
Share this review with your friends:
We LOVE this awesome addition to our home! We put it in the entryway and it makes the entire area come to life! Well-made and a show stopper. Literally, every time I have walked past the light I say out loud thats one awesome light! My husband is tired of it.. the ONLY downside is the cost of the bulbs. You will want some Edison bulbs to pull the whole look together and they will cost you a pretty penny!
I was nervous to order this online, but it turned out great! I will say the pewter is not as dark as it appears online, it looks more like a non-shiny version of the chrome. For me, that worked even better in our kitchen. It does look darker when the lights are turned on though. We used soft white led 4w (25w equivalent) Edison bulbs, and it looks beautiful in our kitchen. I wish I could figure out how to include pictures in my review!
I have always wanted a Sputnik and during a recent condo purchase and update I got exactly that. Wanting to stay in the mid-century vein I kept the place to the golds one might see during the time and this SOOO fit the bill. It's gorgeous. Only thing I would say: check the light wattage before buying corresponding bulbs. We purchased, also from this site, the recommended 40 watt bulbs (18 of them!) and they are overheating the dimmer switch. We updated the dimmer switch and are purchasing lower wattage LED Edison bulbs that will look just as great and cause no overheating issue. Problem easily solved. AgainL it's gorgeous and, from the numerous comparisons I have made, reasonably priced.
- What dimmer should I get to use with this? How can I be sure the one I buy will work?
- Are the Carlton LED G25 bulbs dimmable?
- Does (Can) this chandelier give enough light to be the only light source in our dining room?Yes, the 18-Light Aged Brass Sputnik Chandelier can be bright enough. 18 light bulbs can be pretty bright, but it's going to depend a lot on your preferences and what kind of light bulb you choose to match with the fixture. We'd recommend adding a dimmer (check out the product specs for an up-to-date list of compatible dimmers) so you can tailor your lighting experience to exactly what you like.
- When will this fixture arrive in Minnesota if ordered today? And is ETL listed acceptable for use by electricians in the USA?The Sputnik 18-Light Chandelier, Aged Brass is ETL Certified. Once shipped, your order will arrive anywhere between 1 to 7 business days (for in-stock items) based on the method of shipment and the shipping location. To go to Minnesota, it usually takes about 4 business days. For more information on ETA; please visit https://www.lights.com/help
- I like how you show the 18-bulb chandelier paired with a number of your LED bulbs. Do all of your LED bulbs fit in the light, even if they aren't shown?
- Does the chandelier require assembly or arrive fully assembled? Thanks!
- Can this 18 light Sputnik be installed on a sloped ceiling? Thanks.
- Is the height of the 18-Light Sputnik, Aged Brass adjustable? I would be putting it above a dining table. I'm wondering if there is any flexibility with the sizing, but I do understand that it has a removable pole.
- Does the product width include the bulbs, or is it the fixture only?The 18-Light fixture's measurements don't include any bulbs (there are too many shapes to pick from!). If you'd like, we can provide additional measurements based on what bulb you like. Just email us your question and don't forget to include the name of the bulb and this fixture. Email CS@lights.com for any personalized measurements you need.
- Does this style come in Chrome or the Gunmetal finish?
- How heavy is this? Is that weight with or without bulbs?The 18-Light Sputnik weighs in at 8.5 lbs. That includes all the down rods that come with the light but not any bulbs. For a quick calculation, you'd want to add about 5lbs when figuring in the bulbs, but that's just an estimate. Email us at CS@lights.com with the kind of bulb you'd like to use and we can give you a more accurate number.
- Hello I'm very interested in purchasing this chandelier, though I'm not quite clear about the height. What is the maximum height?
- Can I use a dimmer on this with dimmable LED bulbs?The 18-Light Sputnik is dimmable itself and works great with dimmable LED bulbs. Not all dimmers work with all dimmable bulbs, so we've provided a list of dimmers that we have tested to be sure they work with our dimmable LED bulbs. Click on the Product Specifications tab for an up-to-date list of compatible dimmers.
- Is the height adjustable? I need the full length measurement please.The 18- Light Sputnik Chandelier's height is adjustable. It comes with a selection of rods to combine to get the height that works for you. If you need more than what comes in the box (one 6", two 12", and one 18" for a total of 48") please email us at CS@lights.com and we can help set up an order for additional rods.
- I like this a lot, but I need to swag it if I want it over my table. Can I swag this light fixture?
Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.
Your question has been submitted.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping is free on orders over $49 to the 48 contiguous states (all states except Alaska and Hawaii). For all orders under $49, the best value is flat-rate ground shipping for $9.95. For faster delivery, we offer Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day Select. We also ship to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories for an additional cost. Review our full Shipping Policy.
If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, most unused items can be returned for a full refund of the item's purchase price, up to 45 days after receiving. Please note items labeled as "Sale", "Clearance", or "Final Sale" are considered final and cannot be returned. Unfortunately, shipping is not refundable. Review our full Return policy.
As Seen In
Customer Design Inspiration
Get inspired and shop the newest lighting and decor. We curated the best collections of products to make it easy for you.Read More
As Seen In
Shop Lights.com for our exclusive Sputnik Chandeliers and Sputnik Flush Mounts. We offer a wide selection of designer lighting for a fraction of the price.Read More
As Seen In
Foyer Lighting Ideas to Set the Stage
The foyer may not be the main event in your home, but your grand entrance still deserves a little drama. Foyer lighting ideas don’t have to be dull. It’s a perfect space to express some creativity and make the most of that first impression. This 101 is all about how you can light the way for guests while giving them a glimpse of your style.Read More
Modern Farmhouse Hanging Pendant with Bulb, White Gloss$79.00Shop Now
Bushwick LED ST18 Vintage Edison Bulb (E26), Single$15.00Shop Now
12-Light Aged Brass Sputnik Chandelier$159.00Shop Now
Arden 5-Light Chandelier, Aged Brass$239.00 $159Shop Now
12-Light Chrome Sputnik Chandelier$159.00 $109Shop Now
12-Light Pewter Sputnik Chandelier$159.00 $109Shop Now
Kingston Mini 4-Light Chandelier with Opal Glass Shade, Aged Brass$339.00 $189Shop Now
20-Light Chrome Sputnik Chandelier$299.00 $199Shop Now
10-Light Cluster Chandelier$130.00 $39Shop Now
16-Light Aged Brass Sputnik Chandelier$239.00Shop Now
Who We Are
Lighting Made Simple
We believe that illuminating your home should be easy. At each step - from shopping to installation in your home - we work to make your experience as seamless as possible.
Everything at Lights.com is designed, produced, and sold directly to you allowing us to offer beautiful lighting at accessible prices. No middlemen. No markups.
Timeless Design, Made Right
Timeless, affordable design shouldn't come at the cost of others. Our factories value not only quality manufacturing, but also the ethical treatment of their craftsmen.
Questions about a product or installation? Need to make a return? Our in-house customer service team is here for you.