Ramadan Dessert Cart
Article by @girlrefurbished / @EidCollective
Create a magical iftar dessert cart with sparkling lanterns & delicious desserts
Is your next iftar ready for these glowing Ramadan lanterns from Lights.com & no bake Nutella cheesecakes? Because we think you need both! We love dreamy iftar carts with glowing lanterns that set the mood. And you know what, these lanterns already come with lights inside! No need to purchase additional pillar lights because all you’ll need is a few batteries to get these lanterns glowing. And they all look great in the daytime too. Making it a seamless transition from day to night.
And we thought we’d step up our dessert game with adorable and delicious no bake Nutella cheesecakes. They’re the perfect addition to your iftar dessert menu and can be made ahead of time. Full recipe can be found at the end of the article.
Festive Ramadan Lanterns from Lights.com
We love a good Ramadan lantern. Tall ones, short ones, colorful or neutral – they are the perfect addition to your decor. Which is why we love all the different lantern options from Lights.com. Lanterns just seem to fit seamlessly into any Ramadan decorations. And the glow from a lantern during Ramadan nights just help make the month magical. Remember, these lanterns already come with lights, so it’s easier for you to get them glowing.
But let’s take a look how we styled our Lights.com lanterns on our iftar dessert cart. And then we’ll talk about the yummy no bake Nutella cheesecake desserts!
Our favorite part about these Amira lanterns are the sparkles they give off both day, and night. The mercury glasses just seems to catch the light no matter how bright it is outside. And we love the size of these lanterns as a perfect addition to our Ramadan decor. Just imagine these lanterns sprinkled throughout the house along with your other Ramadan decor.
These Marrakesh lanterns come in three different colors: blue glass, amber glass and red glass. And they all look great together or separately. We like these larger lanterns around the fireplace or lined up the stairs. And remember, they come with fairy lights already in each one – so no need to purchase additional pillar candles!
Anthea Gold Lanterns
The Anthea gold lanterns are lightweight and a personal favorite of the kids. Since the fairy lights come in them already, your kids are able to help light up each Ramadan night by helping to turn them on. We also love that they come in a pack of six. Just imagine these smaller lanterns as table decor meandering down your tablescape for your next iftar.
Hedra Leafy Fairy String Lights
String lights for days with these Hedra fairy string lights. That’s because they’re five feet long, making these string lights super versatile. Double them up along your fireplace mantel to create a glowing look. Line them up your stair rail, or string them along your bar cart like we have. Just switch on the battery pack each night to create a leafy glow. We love any addition of a faux plant to soften up our Ramadan decor.
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
If you’re trying to get your desserts done ahead of time for your next itfar, we love these no bake Nutella cheesecakes. Anything that makes your iftar easier, with a good dose of Nutella, is a win. And you can’t deny how adorable they are! Find the full recipe below.
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
makes approximately 13 – 3 oz. dessert cups
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Nutella, double it if you’d like 2 layers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Star sprinkles or galaxy sprinkles
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture into each small dessert cups. Making sure it’s packed into the cup.
- Place the Nutella in a Ziploc baggie.
- Cut the corner and swirl a layer of Nutella on top of the crust.
- Filling Whipping Cream
- In a large bowl pour the heavy whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stiff peaks will form around one minute. Set aside.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl pour the 4 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and softened cream cheese.
- Whisk or beat the mixture together until smooth.
Filling the Cheesecake
- Combine the whipping cream and cream cheese mixture by folding in the whipping cream.
- Be careful not to deflate the mixture.
- Put the mixture into a large Ziploc baggie, getting out any air.
- Cut the corner of the bag.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling on top of the Nutella.
- Refrigerate the mixture for a minimum of 2 hours.
- If you’d like another layer of Nutella, we recommend you put it on top of the cheesecake filing after the 2 hours refrigeration.
- Wait to place the toppings onto your dessert cups until you’re ready to serve.
- Top the cups with whip cream and sprinkles.
Q&A: Submit your question
All questions are answered within 24 hours.