DIY Mason Jar Heart Lanterns with Copper Wire Lights
Celebrate love with a glowing mason jar heart lantern. This easy Do-It-Yourself idea makes a great gift or decoration for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Day... or anytime! Follow our lead or use these how-to steps as a starting point for your own DIY mason jar light idea.
What you'll need:
1. Spray paint (We used a glossy red, and a glittered red.)
2. Twine, decorative ribbon or yarn
3. Painter’s tape
4. Any sized glass mason jar
5. Box cutter or precision craft knife
6. Copper wire string lights (link)
7. Permanent marker
To make each jar:
- Place a few strips of painter’s tape on the front of the jar, and draw on the outline of a heart, or your preferred shape, with a permanent marker.
- With a box cutter or craft knife, cut along the shape you've drawn, and peel off the excess tape, outside of the outline, so just your shape is masked with tape.
- Spray the entire jar with spray paint and allow to dry completely. Once dry, carefully peel off the remaining tape to reveal your shape.
- With string or decorative ribbon, tie a bow around the top of the jar for some added texture.
- Finally, toss in your copper wire lights and your mason jar lanterns are ready to glow!